Google Chrome’s latest update brings picture-in-picture mode support to desktop PCs. With version 70, Chrome picture in picture mode can be used on windows, mac & Linux. The Chrome PIP feature allows you to pop out the videos embedded in a website, like youtube, So you can watch the videos while you are multi tasking on other websites or office suites.
However this is still an experimental feature which is meant only for developers & testers. This is not yet rolled out in any stable releases of chrome for normal users. This article gives you an get around on how to enable and use picture in picture mode on chrome for mac & Windows PC.
You might be interested in : Ultimate list of Youtube Keyboard shortcuts for Windows 10
How to enable Chrome picture-in-picture mode ?
Since this is an experimental feature, we need to enable the PIP mode using chrome flags. By default, this feature is disabled. We need to Enable it & then we have to restart the browser in order to reflect the changes.
- Please update your browser to the latest version of google chrome. No need to install any developer versions but you need to have google chrome of version 69 atleast. (While writing this article, I’m using Google chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 )
- Now Visit the following URL on your updated chrome browser.
- As mentioned before, The Chrome Picture in picture mode is still an experimental feature, so it disabled by default. We need to enable it by clicking on the drop down menu & set the option to “ENABLE”.
- Just the same way, Enable the following flag too
- As soon as you made the changes, You will see a “RELAUNCH NOW” option popped up in the bottom side of the browser. You can click on it to relaunch the browser or you can simply close the browser and reopen it.
- That’s it. we have enabled the Picture-in-picture mode (PIP) on your google chrome browser. It’s time to learn how to watch videos in PIP chrome.
How To Watch Videos In Chrome Picture In Picture Mode (Chrome PIP ) ?
Since we have already enabled the PIP mode in chrome, we need a web page with embedded video in it. Which is more like YouTube. So open YouTube & play any video of your choice.
- While the watching the video, RIGHT CLICK TWICE on the video to see options like in the below image.
- Click on the “Picture-In-Picture” option.
- This will pop-out the video in a small window which can be resized & moved across the screen.
- On the top right corner of this small window, you can see the “X” button to close this window.
Note : While playing the video in Chrome PIP mode, you should never close the chrome browser, or the tab in which you opened the video. As this will eventually closes the video too.
I hope this article helped you understand & enable Chrome Picture-in-Picture mode on your Mac & windows laptops. Feel free to share your thoughts on this & subscribe to our website / Youtube channel for more tutorials & tricks.
Search Terms :
- Picture in picture chrome
- Chrome pip
- Pip chrome
- Picture in picture for chrome
- Google chrome picture in picture mac
- Watch picture-in-picture videos on chrome 70
- Use picture in picture mode
- Try picture in picture mode in chrome right now
- Chrome’s latest update brings picture-in-picture support to windows 10
- Chrome 70 brings picture-in-picture support to windows & Mac
- Google chrome PIP mode on Mac
- Chrome pip mode for linux
- Use picture-in-Picture mode in chrome on Windows 10
- Watch youtube in PIP mode
- picture in picture mode for youtube
Uday is a blogger by passion, IBMer by Profession, Artist by hobby & A huge believer of Karma…. Loves to write on tricks & tips that save time and increase productivity to every tech user.