How To Delete Kik / Deactivate Kik Permanently: Kik Messenger is one of the top messaging apps available on android and IOS platforms. Before saying anything else about How to Delete Kik Account, I have to mention one important point about this. If you’re already a kik user, Then you’ll surely know about this. But for first-time users, Kik is the best Messenger app to chat anonymously on IOS & Android platforms. Kik needs nothing but your email id to register. Thereby you can get a user id you want. Using the Id, Your friends can find you on kik, only if you share that id with them. Most of the Omegle users prefer kik as it’s the best to keep their online identity safe and secure until they want to reveal it themselves.
For first time users, This might sound like a hectic process. But trust me. This won’t even take 10 seconds. Kik needs your email id so that it can send you back a password reset link if you forgot your password in future. Kik supports sending of video, pictures, GIFs and you can instantly search the internet from the Kik app itself.
Contents of this post
- 1 Prerequisites on How To Delete Kik / Deactivate kik:
- 2 How To Find email id to delete kik account / deactivate kik account permanently
- 3 How to Delete Kik / Deactivate Kik ?
- 4 Permanently Delete Kik Chat History Before Deactivating Kik :
- 5 “How To Delete Kik” / “Deactivate Kik Account Permanently” – Step By Step Procedure:
- 6 How To Delete Kik Account permanently without email?
- 7 How To Reactivate a Kik Account?
- You need to know the email id which you used while registering for kik account. (if you don’t remember, check out the next para to know how to find email id)
- Must have Access to the inbox of that email id.
- Kik Messenger App installed on your iPhone / Android smartphone.
- Of-course a working internet connection.
Before deleting your kik account, You need the email id which used while registering in KIK. Initially, kik asks for your email id for 3 major reasons.
- To send you kik password reset link if you ever forgot your password and requested for a reset password option.
- To send a confirmation email for important tasks like Deleting kik account / Deactivating kik Account.
- To send you New updates on Latest Features / App Updates, Policy Updates and other promotional emails related to Kik Messenger.
How to find the email id?
- Open Kik Messenger app on your iPhone / Android smartphone.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner.
- Click on My Account.
It will display all your information like Your kik username, Your email id, Your name. Note down your email id. We need it while deleting kik account / deactivating kik account.
So, if you ever decided to deactivate kik or delete your kik account, the first thing you need to do is to delete or clear all you chat history. Let’s have a look at the procedure. we have 2 Major tasks.
- Permanently Delete Kik Account Chat History Before Deactivating Kik Account
- “How to delete kik Account” / “Deactivate Kik Account permanently” – Step by Step procedure
Delete Kik account or merely deactivating kik account won’t clear your kik chat history. So before deactivating kik account, we have to clear the chat history. Permanently deleting all your chat history is so simple and can be done from within the app. I’m writing the below procedure, Assuming that you haven’t deleted/uninstalled the Kik App on your Android smartphone/ Iphone (IOS) or may be Ipad.
- Step 1: Open Kik Messenger on Your Device. (Android / iPhone)
- Step 2: Click on the Settings Icon (Gear Icon) on the top right corner of the app.
- Step 3: Now tap on “Your Account” option.
- Step 4: I suggest you note down your email id before proceeding to next step. This is needed to delete your account permanently, which we will discuss later in this post.
- Step 5: Now at the end of the screen you’ll see ” Reset Kik Messenger“
- Step 6: Confirm your choice by tapping on “Yes” when asked for confirmation.
This will clear all your chat history and log you out of the app. So now that we have only task remaining “delete kik account” (Deactivate Kik Account)
Also Read : Funny Name ideas for your Wi-fi router
Unlike Deleting chat history, For Kik, If we want to delete kik account, we need to visit the official link given in Kik Website to Deactivate our kik account. It is the only way to deactivate a kik account/ Delete a kik account. Unlike other websites articles, I won’t lie with you. There is no way to permanently delete kik account, at least as of now. You can only deactivate it forever. Which means You can reactivate your kik account whenever you want. The process of how to reactivate your account is mentioned at the end of the post. Official Website link to deactivate kik account / Delete kik Account. I have mentioned a clear step by step procedure below. Go through it.
Deleting / Deactivating your Kik account permanently can’t be done from within the app. So we need to go to the deactivation link given in Kik official website. This page can be opened on your mobile too.
- Click on the Link To Delete kik Account. This is the only way to deactivate Kik/ delete a kik account.
- Enter your email id, which we have noted earlier while deleting Kik chat history, in the prompted box and confirm by click on the green “GO” button.
- Now you’ll receive a confirmation email from KIK to the email address you have given in the above step.
- Go to your email inbox, Find that mail from Kik Messenger which looks like the one in the image below:
- Click on the “Deactivate” link shown in the email to deactivate your kik account.
- Now you’ll be taken to a web page where kik it shows your account has been deactivated and gives a set of options asking the reason for deactivating your account.
I’ve seen in some articles on other sites that they are misleading the users by saying we can delete kik account permanently and that without an email id. Just think of this. What does kik know about you? Only knows 3 details.
- Kik Id (Unique Id that you invented)
- Your email id (unique)
- Date of Birth (which is not unique)
What does a fellow kik user can know about you? “Only your kik user id“.
So, if we can request to delete/deactivate a kik account without using email id. Then what other details does kik have to identify and deactivate your kik account?
- Your Date of Birth, which is not unique (I’m sure, there are a lot of other people on kik who has the same birthday as you).
- But Kik user id is unique.
So kik has to proceed using your kik user id. That means anyone who knows your kik id can request for deleting your kik id. Right? How secure will it be? Everyone who knows your id is able to request for deletion of your account. Which is 101% not secure. So, Kik team has chosen the only secure way, while asking you to provide as little info as to keep your online identity anonymous. So, practically there is no other option. We can request for a deletion or deactivation of kik account using our email id only.
Reactivating Kik Account is a lot easier than Deactivating a kik Account. Just as easy as Logging In to kik account. Yes. That’s it.
- Install Kik Messenger app on your smartphone its uninstalled.
- Log In using your Kik user id and Password.
- That’s it. Your deactivated Kik account will be activated automatically.
I’ve seen that in the recent update for KIK Messenger app on Android, The “Reset Kik Messenger” option has been removed from the settings. Don’t worry. The functionality is provided as “logout”. Logging out will clear all your chat history now.
Before concluding I like to give you a word of advice. A Point Worth noting: After deactivating Kik Account, if you want to check if your account is deactivated or not, Search for your Account from your friends kik or from another account. don’t try logging in, as it will automatically reactivate your account.
Now that you have cleared all your Chat history and You have Permanently deleted your Kik Messenger account. I’m sure I’ve given you the complete information that is not available anywhere else. I hope this helps you not only to just delete your kik account but also to increase your knowledge about privacy options. You can always leave a comment if you have any doubt.