Play Multiple Videos at once in VLC: VLC media player has been one of best and most beautiful software that’s available these days. Not to forget it’s open source project. VLC offers us a lot of features that not everyone knows. We can use VLC
- As an audio player too.
- To Play Multiple videos at once in vlc without the need of any plugin.
- We can do Screen recording on our windows pc.
- To Directly Stream movies torrents directly without downloading them.
Here we are gonna discuss “How to Play Multiple Videos at once simultaneously” in different windows. There is a reason behind why I’m writing this article. I’ve seen a lot of intelligent people (Sadly.. My Dumb Friends) who installed different video players (like GOM, K-player) along with VLC So that they can play multiple videos at once side by side. As they’re not aware of the feature that’s available inbuilt in VLC. But not anymore..!
So here, in this post, I’m gonna explain you
- How to Enable the options to – Play multiple videos at once – Side by side – in multiple windows in VLC.
- How to Disable the Feature.
Note: Please upgrade your VLC player if you are using a vlc version older than 2014.
Contents of this post
Procedure For “How To Play Multiple Videos At Once in VLC” :
- Step 1: Open the VLC player on your Windows 10 PC. From the top Menu, Click on “Tools” >> “Preferences”.
- Step 2: Now a new window named “Simple Preferences” will be opened.
- Step 3: Click on the “Interface” Option.
- Step 4: Under the interface Settings tab, Scroll down. Under the “Playlist & instances”, You’ll see the check box “Use only one instance when started from File Manager”. By default, this option is “CHECKED”.
- Step 5: “Uncheck” the box for the option.
- Step 6: If you are using older versions of VLC, Then the option “Allow Only One Instance” will be “Marked” by default. Please go ahead and uncheck that box too.
- Step 7: Please make sure None of the boxes are checked (like in the below picture). Click on “Save” button at the bottom of the “Simple Preferences” window.
- Now click on “SAVE” button available at the bottom of the “Simple preferences” window.
Restarting the VLC player is not needed. But if you are unable to Play multiple videos at once in VLC even after changing the settings, Then I suggest you recheck the options and restart the vlc player once.
Disable Multiple Windows / Instances In VLC :
Now that you can watch multiple videos. in our day to day use, when we are watching a video we might want to play another video. Previously it used to be like, we open the new video in VLC and it will play in the place of the old video by automatically stopping and over loading on it.
But with VLC opening multiple windows, it’s frustrating sometimes, especially you are single window person most of the time. You can simply disable this feature, by following the same procedure mentioned above until ‘step 4’. Then you will the check box for “Use only one instance when started from File Manager” unchecked. so you have to mark it / Tick mark the check box and save.
This is how you enable and disable the feature to play multiple videos at once in VLC media player. At the end, it’s not just multiple videos, You can play multiple audio files/songs or a combination of both videos and audio. Say 2 videos + 2 Audio files. You can play any number of instances in VLC. This is really handy when you are watching videos related to Tutorials and listening to music at the same time & in some other cases. VLC Source Page
Please leave a comment below to tell us why you need this feature.