We’ve all been in that situation, when we have to remove password from a pdf file for various reasons. In my case, Recently I got a new job & they asked me to email them my previous company’s offer letter. Which was obviously protected with a password as it contains confidential information. But I need to send this PDF document through an email to my new company without any password / protection. This is just one case to let you understand the scenario. There are many other cases we might come across in our daily routine that deals with protected PDFs like bank statements, Stock market logs & other confidential documents that needs to be secured with a password.
You might have already noticed that when we search in google on “How to remove password from a pdf file”, A lot of results will suggest you to use or purchase a software. I personally feel it’s funny because we don’t need any 3rd party software to get rid of the password. Not even a PDF reader like Foxit reader or Adobe reader.
Be it, Linux or Windows 10 or Mac OS, The process mentioned below in this article works fine on all platforms. Here I’m using windows 10 & Microsoft’s default Edge web browser to explain the process. You can also use Chrome, Firefox or any other web browser that has a built-in PDF reader.
If you are using Linux operating system, You can use Mozilla Firefox web browser & If you are on a Mac OS, you can use google chrome.
How to remove password from PDF on Windows 10 ?
Here is the procedure to remove password protection, explained in simple steps.
- Open the password protected PDF document using Microsoft edge browser on your windows 10 pc or desktop.
- You will see a prompt asking for your password as shown below. Enter your password to open the pdf document.
- Once the document is opened, Click “<Ctrl>” + “P” on your keyboard which opens a pop-up window with print options.
- Select “Microsoft print to PDF” as your printer option.
- Click on “PRINT” , Choose the location & Save the unprotected PDF file.
That’s it. You’ve just recreated the PDF without any password protection.
If you have google chrome installed on your device, Whether it’s windows 10 or Linux or Mac OS or Android, This process works just fine with Chrome irrespective of the platform.
I hope you found this article helpful. If so, please free to share your comments in the below comment section. Subscribe to our youtube channel for more tech related tips & tricks.
Search Terms :
- Remove password from a pdf on windows 10 without using any software
- How to Remove password security from a pdf file
- Remove password protection from bank statement
- Remove password protection for pdf on mac
Uday is a blogger by passion, IBMer by Profession, Artist by hobby & A huge believer of Karma…. Loves to write on tricks & tips that save time and increase productivity to every tech user.