Stream Torrented Movies Online : Usually when we want to watch a torrent movie, we will download the video file using the torrent. But how about a small trick here, Let’s skip the downloading process & all the waiting, Instead stream the torrent movie online directly for free. Yes, We can stream torrent videos online directly using VLC without having to download them.
Also Read : How To Play Multiple Videos in VLC at a time
Contents of this post
- 0.1 Why do we have to stream?
- 0.2 Pre-Requisites To Stream Torrented Movies Online Using VLC in Windows 10 PC :
- 1 Procedure To Stream Torrented Movies Online Using VLC
Why do we have to stream?
You might wonder, Why would I stream the torrent when I can download the video and watch it over and over. I agree with you, in the case that If you want that particular torrent movie/video offline. I’ll do it too if it’s my favorite movie say “Dunkirk” as of now. But Let’s Just consider these below points :
We usually search for the torrent, Then
- We will check the sample video of the torrent video and we will decide whether to download that file or not.
- If there is no sample video, then we will go with our guess and patience. We might download it or we might search for another.
Now When we decided to download the file
- We have to wait until the download completes
- what if it takes ages to download? (let’s say the best torrent file that’s available has the least number of seeds/peers).
After the completion of torrent movie download, Let’s say
- what if the downloaded movie is unable to play.
- what if the video quality is not like what it’s shown in the sample video
- what if the audio is not properly synced or Quality of the audio is bad.
- What if some parts of the video are deleted?
- This is the worst case, what if the downloaded video is not what you want to download. A fake torrent. This is really frustrating.
So to play safe,
- You need to know how to download the right torrent. (OR)
- You can stream the torrent video directly without downloading
As I have mentioned, We can stream torrented movies free, directly without having to download it. Here I’m mentioning on how we can do it using VLC media player.
Pre-Requisites To Stream Torrented Movies Online Using VLC in Windows 10 PC :
- Torrent File or Magnet URI (Magnet link) of the movie you want to download
- Download & Install Torrent Client : I’m Using uTorrent Client here (don’t worry we are not gonna download anything)
- Download & Install VLC Media Player
Procedure To Stream Torrented Movies Online Using VLC
The procedure to Stream torrent Movie using VLC is quite simple and always free. As simple as getting Magnet link of the torrent & the Streaming URL of the torrent movie file from the magnet torrent and using the streaming link in VLC to play/watch it online. But to make this procedure easier for you to understand, I wrote a step by step procedure below. So If you’re a pro at this kind of things, I’m sure you can easily identify the important points in the procedure. Or Simply Watch the Video To Know How to Stream Torrent Movie Using VLC For Free instead of reading the procedure.
Video Tutorial : How to Stream Torrented Movies Using VLC For Free
Step by Step procedure for Streaming Torrented Movies Using VLC for free
- Use the web browser on your Windows PC to go to a torrent site. Search for the movie/ video you want to stream.
- Visit that particular movie or video torrent page. I suggest you click on the Magnet link instead of downloading the torrent file. (Something thats like shown in the below picture)
- Here in my case, I’m using utorrent & instead of downloading the torrent file and loading it. I clicked on the magnet URI (magnet link) of the torrent which automatically loads the torrent link into the torrent client that is installed on my device. (This is where we need torrent client, so I suggested to install torrent client on your device windows 10 PC or Mac os )
- Now let the torrent load and when the download started – Stop the download by selecting the loaded torrent file in the torrent client and clicking on the STOP button. We don’t need to download anything, but we started the download so that the torrent streaming link will be loaded.
- From the “detailed info” bar at the bottom, click on “FILES”.
- All the files that are available for download through the torrent link are listed there. You can easily recognize the video file. Check for the extensions or simply the file which is larger is obviously the Video file in the torrent in this case.
- Right click on the video file (If there are more than 1 video file, depending on the naming, choose the first file. We can’t watch the second half of the movie without watching the first. So choose the first video )
- Click on the “Copy Stream URL”. Now we got the direct URL to stream the torrent movie online. In Simple words, We got the streaming link for the movie.
- Now Open VLC media player. Press CTRL+N or From the top menu bar go to Media > Open Network Stream.
- You can see there is already a URL loaded into the text box. VLC automatically loads the link we copied earlier. So Simply click on the PLAY button in the bottom.
- Now that the streaming from torrent link will automatically start in a moment. Depending on your wifi / Internet connection speed, it might take some time to load in case of slow connections.
Now that you know how to stream torrented movies online for free using VLC media player. So we don’t have to download the movie and no more waiting until the download completes. Atleast this helps you in choosing the right torrent before you download it. You can verify the complete torrent before you proceed and start downloading it. Please note that I have no intention to support or encourage piracy or pirated contents. My only intention is to educate the people, to simplify the issues faced for watching movies and to save valuable time and data.
Please note that I have no intention to support or encourage piracy or pirated contents. My only intention is to educate the people, to simplify the issues faced for watching movies and to save valuable time and data. If you like this article, please leave a comment and let me know if i missed anything.
Contents of this Post (including Images) are copyright protected to Author & Techisher.com. Copying, Rewriting, Republishing or Resharing the Article in your blog requires mentioning this article as Source. Thank you
Uday is a blogger by passion, IBMer by Profession, Artist by hobby & A huge believer of Karma…. Loves to write on tricks & tips that save time and increase productivity to every tech user.