When we switch from light mode to dark mode on windows 10 the supported apps will get into dark mode with change in color. In the recent update to Firefox, Mozilla decide to support & follow windows 10’s dark mode. So whenever we switch to dark mode on our windows machine, Firefox browser’s look automatically changes to dark theme.
In-order to stop Firefox from automatically following the windows app mode; All we have to do is change the right settings. This results in having a specific theme for the entire time irrespective of which mode we are using on windows 10.
You might want to read : Watch Youtube in Picture-in-Picture mode on chrome in windows 10
How to stop firefox from changing to dark mode automatically on windows 10
The following steps will help you set a specific theme for Firefox web browser that won’t change with windows 10 modes automatically. However you can always revert back the settings whenever you want.
1. Open Firefox web browser on your windows 10 pc / laptop.
2. Click on the hamburger icon on the top right corner of the browser.
3. Click on the “Customize” option from the menu.
4. Select “LIGHT” theme from the drop down ‘Themes’ menu as shown in the picture.
5. Once selected, Click on “Done”. This will save the changes & Firefox will remember your preferences.
Next time when you set dark mode on windows 10, Your Firefox browser’s theme won’t change. However you can always change the settings by following the above mentioned process & choosing the “default theme” on step 4.
Search Terms :
- Disable firefox automatic dark mode
- how to firefox automatic dark mode in windows 10
- Windows 10 dark mode changes firefox theme
- Firefox theme changing when windows app mode set to dark mode
- prevent firefox from changing to dark mode automatically on windows 10
Uday is a blogger by passion, IBMer by Profession, Artist by hobby & A huge believer of Karma…. Loves to write on tricks & tips that save time and increase productivity to every tech user.